The E817 from HB Racing uses Race DNA from the World Champion D815 V2 to create a strong and fast 1/8 buggy for the quickly expanding electric classes. The design team at HB Racing took the proven D815 V2 platform and created the E817. It's optimized for electric power and has all of the newest features and updates. Most of the tuning parts are compatible with our nitro buggies, so spare parts and options are race-proven and already available.
With back-to-back IFMAR 1/8 World Championship wins in 2014 and 2016, HB Racing is committed to making race cars that put you on the podium. Our team drivers, support staff and design team attend races around the world to help develop the cars. The payoff for our customers are cars that are fast, strong, easy to maintain, and loaded with the latest features. But in the end it's all about race wins, and the E817 has already proven it's a winner. A prototype E817 recently took the prestigious 2016 Euros title with David Ronnefalk at the wheel.
The E817 is designed with purpose. An impressive list of standard features is packed inside the E817 kit box. Fine tuned by our team drivers and staff so it can be easily built, tuned to a wide variety of track conditions, and quickly maintained between heats.
The E817 has a fully adjustable battery mounting system that can handle a wide variety of battery configurations. When using Shorty packs, multiple mounting points allow you to easily move the weight bias fore/aft to help tune the balance of the car. The batteries are held in place securely, and mounted directly on the chassis for the lowest CG possible.
Pro-Line Wing Included
Pro-Line Predator Body Included
Milled Aluminum Chassis
Dual Clamp Motor Mount
Tough Steering (Alu Servo Arm not included)
Covered Radio Box
Fully Adjustable Aluminum Front Hubs
Front and Rear Aluminum Shock Towers
Fully Adjustable Aluminum Rear Hubs
Secure Battery Mounting
High Efficiency Universal Joints
Hard Anodized Aluminum Shocks
The E817 is based on the World Champion D815 nitro buggy, so it's destined to be fast and durable. The E817 is compatible with most D815 parts and options and has the following features:
- Proven D815 style drivetrain with 43/10 gearbox ratio optimized for electric power.
- Accepts 4s 'brick' packs, 2 x 2s 'long' batteries, and 2 x 2s 'shorty' batteries.
- When using shorty batteries the fore/aft position can be adjusted for weight bias adjustment.
- The batteries sit directly on the chassis for the lowest possible CG.
- Dual clamp motor mount allows the motor to be replaced with no change to the gear mesh.
- Compatible with most nitro bodies – no need for special bulky/tall e-buggy bodies.
- Pro-Line Predator body and Pro-Line wing included.
- Covered receiver box, and the electronics mounts are removable for ease of cleaning the car.
- D815 steering components which include aluminum servo saver arm and clamping servo saver adjustment nut.
- HB monocoque suspension arms for stiffness, adjustability, and less dirt build-up.
- Updated rear hubs are now compatible with universals and CVA type drive shafts. (reverse compatible to D815)
- Updated hinge pins for easier access to front and rear diffs. (reverse compatible to D815)
- High efficiency universal joint shafts. (reverse compatible to D815)
- Optional 'D' arm mounts with fine rear toe adjustment: 2.75°, 3.00°, 3.25°, & 3.50°. (3.00° is standard in kit)
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms.
- Protective boots on central drivetrain.
- One-piece lightweight wing mount with Pro-Line wing.
- Aluminum steering blocks with carbon graphite steering arms.
- Stand-up servo mounting and heavy duty servo saver.
- Steel turnbuckles for easy adjustability of suspension geometry.
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks.
- Lightweight aluminum shock towers.
- Threaded outer hinge pins.
- Adjustable sway bars front and rear.
Shocks, Swaybars, Diff parts, along with numerous other components are from the race proven D815.
Compatible with almost all of the available D815 tuning items.
Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more.
The RGT8 is supplied in kit form, so racers can choose their own wheels, tires, batteries, motor and electronics. See items below for equipment needed to complete the kit.
#204035 E817 1/8 COMPETITION ELECTRIC BUGGY
Download the Instruction Manual
- Brands Hot Bodies
- Product Code: HB E817 V2
- Reward Points: 200
- Availability: 2