New from HB Racing is the D817 1/8 scale nitro buggy. Fresh off the win at the 2016 IFMAR World Championships in Las Vegas with David Ronnefalk at the wheel, the D817 has proven it's a winner. That's back-to-back World titles for the D815 and D817 in the most competitive class in RC racing. The new D817 adds key features based on extensive testing and racing by our HB Team Drivers and designers.
The foundation for the D817 starts with a 7075 aircraft aluminum chassis that adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. The new chassis is now symmetrical for better balance and more consistent jumping and cornering. And it's strategically machined to decrease weight and balance the flex characteristics.
A one-piece CNC engine mount holds the engine in place on the 7075 alloy chassis. A complete competition 3-shoe clutch is included, along with sintered brake pads and double ground brake discs for fade free braking and consistent brake feel. Fully adjustable brake/throttle linkage is standard, as well as a racing fuel tank with stone clunk, and a lightweight foam air filter. A convenient covered electronics box allows easy removal for cleaning and maintenance, and easy access to servos.
Reliability has always been a trademark of the winning cars from HB Racing, and the D817 continues that tradition. Its race-proven 4WD system uses high strength steel center drive shafts, tough sintered diff gears, precision machined steel input gears and spur gear, and machined aluminum wheel hubs. New for the D817 are steel Universal Joints that our Team Drivers favor for improved performance on bumpy tracks.
The D817 suspension features the unique HB Racing monocoque suspension arms that allow fine tuning of the stiffness of the front and rear arms to suit track conditions and driving styles. Racers can adjust the grip and feeling of the arms using optional stiff arms and carbon plates to increase the torsional stiffness of the suspension arms, which gives the car a more forgiving feeling at the limit, especially on high-speed and high-traction corners.
HB Racing big bore threaded coilover shock absorbers help soak up extreme bumps, jumps and potholes like our Team Drivers found on the World Championship track in Las Vegas. And the suspension includes front and rear machined aluminum shock towers, adjustable turnbuckles, front and rear sway bars, hinge pin inserts for easy toe and anti-squat settings, machined aluminum caster blocks, steering blocks and new rear uprights with improved geometry.
The D817 steering system is built for durability and easy adjustment. It features an aluminum servo saver arm and clamping servo saver adjustment nut, steel turnbuckles, aluminum drag link, highly adjustable Ackerman geometry using steering knuckle plates, and CNC machined aluminum steering blocks.
Topping off the D817 is a clear Pro-Line Predator buggy body and Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan wing. Our popular one-piece High Wing Mount is standard equipment, which raises the wing 10mm higher than the low wing mount, putting the wing in less turbulent air flow which helps produce more downforce.
The new D817 is simply the fastest, most adjustable, and easiest to drive 1/8 buggy we've ever released. The D817 from HB Racing, World Championship winning performance straight out of the box.
Pro-Line Predator Clear Body
Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan Wing
Covered Radio Box
Heavy Duty Steering
Front & Rear Aluminum Shock Towers
Fully Adjustable Aluminum Front Hubs
Hard Anodized Aluminum Shocks
Revised Rear Upright Geometry
HB Racing Monocoque Suspension Arms
- Long wheelbase 7075 aluminum chassis
- Fine adjustment aluminum D-Mount
- Revised rear upright geometry
- Universal drive shafts
- Universal & CVA compatibility
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- Covered radio box
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks
- Aluminum steering blocks
- Carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Hard anodized aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Split center bulkhead
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Pro-Line Trifecta Lexan rear wing
- Pro-Line Predator clear buggy body
Notes from the D817 designer, Torrance Deguzman:
- The team drivers gravitated toward the optional long chassis for the D815, which gives the car more stability. The long chassis is now standard on the D817.
- The chassis outer shape has been revised, it is now symmetrical left-to-right.
- The steel rear skid plate has been removed for lighter weight.
- A revised D-Mount works in conjunction with the new chassis, and has added material at the bottom for longer wear.
- 3.0º toe-in is the standard D-mount in the kit, and optional D-mounts now come in finer 0.25º increments (2.75º, 3.00º, 3.25º, 3.50º).
- The rear hub geometry has evolved to allow a lower axle height and the camber link location hole pattern to be shifted higher and allows for a longer rear link. The settings that worked on the D815 car can still be replicated but we've removed the unused settings and added new ones. This rear hub is the same standard hub that comes on the E817.
- The D817 is equipped with universal drive shafts for improved bumpy track performance and for ease of maintenance. The CVA shafts from the D815 are still compatible with the D817.
- New body mounts that are made of tougher material are included. (Same as the E817)
- Virtually all of the tuning parts available for the D815 are still compatible with the D817.
- Complete D817 instruction manual and decal sheet included.
- The D817 accepts standard 1/8 buggy wheels and tires, engines and exhausts, and radio equipment.
- Optional arm mounts, stiffer suspension arms, steering blocks, caster blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, and shock springs are available to tune the D817 to any track or driving style. Spare parts and option parts are shared with most of our other 1/8 nitro and electric buggies, so they're readily available at hobby shops around the world.
- Supplied in kit form only, assembly required.
#204124 D817 WORLD CHAMPION 1/8 NITRO BUGGY
Download the Instruction Manual
- Brands Hot Bodies
- Product Code: HB D817 V2
- Availability: 2